Website Terms And Conditions
Last updated: October 2020
- The following terms and conditions (the “Terms“) apply to your use of https://petbond.ie/ (the “Website“) and any related services provided by PetBond in connection with the Website (the “Services“). For the purpose of this document, “use” includes visiting the Website, browsing any information or material which has been made available on the Website (“Content“), uploading Content, or registering to use any Services.
- The website is operated by PetBond Limited (“we” / “our” / “PetBond“) and these Terms set out the rights and obligations of all users (“you” / “your” / “User“) in relation to your use of the Website.
- Responsibility for information uploaded: You accept sole responsibility for your conduct and any information that you upload, share, exchange or display on the Website, including the accuracy of the information uploaded.
- Requirements for placing an advertisement: You may only offer a pet for adoption/sale/foster on the Website provided that the pet is at least eight weeks old, socialised, and fully vaccinated by a registered veterinary practice. If you are offering a dog for adoption/sale/foster, the dog must be microchipped in accordance with the relevant legislation. You must include full and accurate information for any pet which you are seeking to offer for adoption/sale/foster on the Website. This includes but is not limited to age, sex, breed, vaccinations, microchipping status, known behavioural issues, location and country of birth. By offering a pet for adoption/foster as a member of the general public or rescue centre, you agree that you will not seek to make a profit by charging fees for the adoption and that you will not use the Website in furtherance of a business interest. If you decide to post an advert for a pet on the Website, you agree to comply with the following requirements:
- You may only advertise the following animals for adoption or rehoming on the website: cats, dogs, horses and donkeys.
- The pet must be more than eight weeks old.
- You are the owner or person responsible for breeding the animal.
- That you have provided all of the relevant details of the pet and categorised it correctly. Any health or welfare issues must be clearly stated and sufficiently details.
- All photos provided must be of the actual pet that you are offering for adoption, and must not be taken from other sources.
- You will not advertise a pet as being suitable as a gift or present, or advertise a “designer” pet (or other similar expression).
- You will not offer a pet for the purpose of breeding, or offer a pet which is pregnant.
- You will not offer a pet which is intended to be used as food.
- You will place all advertisements for pets under your own name, and will not create multiple separate accounts using different details for the purpose of posting advertisements.
- Please note that if you are a member of the general public, advertisements for the following restricted dog breeds will not be permitted: American Pit Bull Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Doberman Pinscher, English Bull Terrier, German Shepherd (Alsatian), Japanese Akita, Japanese Tosa, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and other dogs commonly known as a “Ban Dog” or “Bandog”.
- If offering a dog for adoption, the dog must be intended as a family pet. Dogs which have been trained for security, protection, hunting, guarding or any purpose other than as a family pet will not be permitted.
- You may not advertise a dog which has had its tail docked or dew claws removed unlawfully.
- If offering a horse or donkey for adoption, you must be able to provide the new owner with the horse’s original equine identification documents.
- Adopting a pet: If you agree to adopt a pet from the Website, you must comply with all of the relevant legislation for the care and protection of animals including but not limited to the Protection of Animals Acts 1911 and 1965, Control of Dogs Act 1986, and the Control of Dogs (Amendment) Act 1992.
- Registered breeders: If applying to be recognised as a PetBond approved breeder you must confirm whether you are IKC registered or not, whether you hold a council licence for the purposes of breeding, and are able to meet all of our animal health and welfare standards & requirements. If these details cannot be provided, we reserve the right to decline your application. You also agree to Petbond conducting unannounced visits to your premises at PetBond’s discretion. Additionally, PetBond reserves the right to request other veterinary colleagues to conduct such visits as deemed necessary.
- Charity or rescue centre accounts: If applying to be recognised as a charity or rescue centre, you warrant and agree that you are a bona fide registered charity or that your organisation is run completely on a “not for profit” basis and that you comply with any obligations, including any applicable registrations, imposed on you by law.
- Responsibility for your Account: You are responsible for any activity or communications that occur through the use of an Account created by you or a legal entity on the Website (an “Account“). If you create an account with us, you must treat any information provided as part of our security and authentication procedures (such as a password) as confidential. You must not disclose such information to any person or legal entity that is not otherwise a party to these terms. The use of the Website by a minor under the age of 18 is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. Our contract in such cases is with the parent or guardian of the minor. Any minors using the service should be made fully aware of the potential risks to their safety online when using an interactive service.
- Prohibited uses: You must not use the Website or Services for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. Users residing outside of Ireland agree to comply with all local laws regarding acceptable online conduct. You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other users of the Website. This includes sending unwanted messages or comments to other users of the Website. You must not engage in any attempt to modify, adapt, copy, or hack the Website. This includes falsely implying that another service or Third Party is affiliated with the Website. You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from the Website, including (but not limited to) other user profiles, personal details, photos, graphics, scripts or other content. You must not intentionally upload or transmit any viruses, malware, trojans, worms, spyware, adware, or any other malicious or destructive software to the Website.
- WARRANTY: YOU WARRANT THAT ANY CONTRIBUTION TO THE WEBSITE COMPLIES WITH THE ACCEPTABLE USE STANDARDS SET OUT IN THIS SECTION 2 (ACCEPTABLE USE) OF THE TERMS, AND YOU WILL BE LIABLE TO US AND INDEMNIFY US FOR ANY BREACH OF THAT WARRANTY. THIS MEANS YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WE SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR BREACH OF WARRANTY.
User Accounts and Content
- PetBond reserves the right to remove any Account or User Content that we determine to be illegal, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. We reserve the right to take similar action if we determine that the Account or User Content infringes the rights and freedoms of others, or violates the terms set out in these Terms. Such actions will be undertaken at our sole discretion, but we assume no obligation to do so in every circumstance.
- By submitting Content which is subsequently made available on the Website to the general public, you assume all risks associated with the Content. This includes any reliance placed on the quality, accuracy, and completeness of the information provided by other visitors to the Website.
- Purposefully submitting Content which is known to be incorrect or misleading may attract personal liability. You also assume the risk associated with submitting illegal or immoral Content which violates any law or regulation.
- You may not sell, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify or otherwise exploit intellectual property owned by PetBond. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website (except where specifically identified as third party content), and in the material published on it. The PetBond intellectual property includes, but is not limited to, graphics, design, branding, computer code and interactive features.
- Except for the making of a hard copy print for your own personal use only or the use of others in your organisation (or downloading the material for your own personal use or the use of others in your organisation only provided that you retain all copyright and proprietary notices), the materials on this Website may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or displayed, by any means, without the express written consent of the Company.
- You must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Privacy and Data Protection
Liability and Disclaimer
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PETBOND EXCLUDES ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR OTHER TERMS WHICH MAY APPLY TO THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES THAT WE PROVIDE.
- PETBOND WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE.
- WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE, AND DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DETRIMENT SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION.
- PETBOND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND OR UPDATE INACCURATE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE AT OUR OWN DISCRETION, BUT WE ASSUME NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE.
- IN CASES WHERE LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON OUR WEBSITE, PETBOND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THESE SERVICES. SUCH LINKS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY, AND YOUR USE OR RELIANCE ON THE THIRD PARTY INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH OUR WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL TERMS OF SERVICE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW AND FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH THESE TERMS.
- WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS THAT YOU CONDUCT WITH ANOTHER USER, EITHER IN PERSON OR VIA AN ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICE. YOU CARRY OUT SUCH TRANSACTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- The Website is provided on an “as available” basis. Although we will make every reasonable effort to ensure continued uninterrupted access, there may be occasions where such access will be unavailable.
- PetBond reserves the right to modify the Website, Content, and Services at any time without the requirement to provide notice.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
- The Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Ireland.
- PetBond reserves the right to restrict, remove, or prevent access to our Website and Services if you fail to comply with these Terms. Such actions are at our sole discretion.
- We also the reserve the right to reclaim an Account on behalf of a business or individual which is legally entitled to it, in cases where an Account has been created fraudulently.
- If any of these Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to the extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Should you have any complaints regarding the Website, Services, or these Terms, please direct these to the following email address: email@example.com.